This article applies to the following ScreenBeam products:
ScreenBeam 1100 known issues and limitations
- Updating firmware from version 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 may remove ScreenBeam's existing settings (i.e. Device Name and WiFi information). We apologize for the inconvenience.
- The iOS (iPad/iPhone) connection may fail upon connecting from the YouTube app’s Cast icon (YouTube app > select Cast icon > select AirPlay & Bluetooth devices > ScreenBeam). This is because there’s no video been selected for ScreenBeam to playback. Select a video first, then connect from the cast icon
- On Windows 10 build 1809, sometimes the wireless display connection banner remains on the Windows desktop after disconnecting from ScreenBeam. This is a known issue with Windows 10 build 1809.
- To disconnect, select Disconnect button from the banner instead of the Connect menu to mitigate this issue
- Microsoft has resolved the issue on Windows 19H1 (1903) build
- Web Communication Port always uses port 443 (#8272)
- Sometimes receiver stuck on connecting screen or display connection message then disconnect when using Win7 ScreenBeam Cast software (#8251)
- ScreenBeam CMS UPnP discovery does not work (#7029)
- iPad or MacBook screen mirroring from the AirPlay icon on the media player app is currently not supported. A black screen that displays “No Video Signal Detected” is shown.
- English is the only supported language. Other languages support is on the roadmap.
- Local Wi-Fi hotspot WPA2 passphrase does not support any keyboard symbol. This is by design. Only alphabet and numeric characters are supported now.
- Enabling a Bluetooth device that's paired to an iPhone/iPad may disconnect the AirPlay mirroring session