Sections in this document:
ScreenBeam receivers can connect to ScreenBeam CMS Enterprise by DNS or by USB provisioning. Details on this process are provided below.
3.1 Connecting ScreenBeam Receivers to Network
CMS Enterprise supports ScreenBeam models SBWD1000EDU and SBWD1100. These receivers provide both LAN and WLAN connectivity. For LAN connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect the receiver’s Ethernet port to a LAN port. For WLAN connection, configure wireless connection parameters using the local management console or CMS to connect the device to a Wi-Fi Access Point. Refer to the corresponding receiver’s user manual and the CMS user guide for details.
When first deploying receivers, verify that an IP address is assigned to the receiver at the default Ready to Connect screen on the front-of-room display. ScreenBeam receivers are set to obtain IP addresses from the DHCP server automatically by default.
3.2 Provisioning Receivers Using DNS Discovery Method
DNS Discovery of ScreenBeam receivers can be used if access to a Corporate DNS Server is available. Ensure DHCP servers advertise the corporate domain (e.g. mycompanyname.com).
To provision receivers using DNS discovery:
- Add the CMS’s default hostname (aeisbcms) to the A-record of the corporate DNS server. Point this entry to the CMS IP address. Ensure that all the DHCP Servers connected to the ScreenBeam receivers assign this DNS to its clients.
- Power on the receiver and launch the CMS web interface in a browser.
- Verify that the receiver appears on the list and is online.
- Manage the ScreenBeam receivers using the CMS as usual.
ScreenBeam receivers can also be configured to use the CMS IP address instead of domain name if a static IP exists. Please refer to the corresponding receiver User Guide for details.
3.3 Provisioning Receivers Using Static IP Discovery - USB Method
If DNS is unavailable, the following method can be used to provision receivers using Static IP discovery using a USB flash drive.
- Launch a web browser and access the CMS server’s IP address (https://CMS_server_IP:8888).
- Select USB Provisioning from the left pane. The USB Provisioning window appears.
- Select a ScreenBeam product and its firmware. Click Next.
- Select Central Management System Settings on the configuration item list and enter both the CMS IP address in the CMS Server box and the CMS port number in the CMS Communication Port box, then click Next.
- The download page appears. Click Download and save the receiver configuration file (aei_config.zip).
- Create a file folder in the root directory of a USB flash drive and name it “aei_config”. Unzip the downloaded receiver configuration file (aei_config.zip) and copy the receiver configuration file (aei_config.conf) to the aei_config folder on the USB drive without modifications to name or file contents.
- Power on the ScreenBeam receiver. When the Ready to Connect screen appears, plug in the USB flash drive. After the receiver has rebooted, it is provisioned and ready for deployment.
- Power off the ScreenBeam receiver and deploy it in its final location, then power it back on. At the Ready to Connect screen, verify that an IP address is assigned to the receiver and that it is connected to the CMS.
- In CMS, verify that the ScreenBeam receiver appears on the list and is online. This will verify that the ScreenBeam receiver can now be provisioned and monitored using CMS.