This article applies to the following ScreenBeam products:
The Huddly IQ camera occasionally consumes more power than the ScreenBeam receiver's USB 2.0 port could provide. In addition, the Huddly camera uses a video format ScreenBeam 1100 Plus currently cannot support when it's connected to the USB 3.0 port.
Therefore, we recommend connecting the Huddly IQ camera though a Powered USB 2.0 Hub and connect the USB 2.0 Hub to ScreenBeam 1100 Plus USB 2.0 port. This allows the Huddly camera to maintain its power and output a video format that's supported by ScreenBeam.
Setting up the Huddly IQ camera + Powered USB 2.0 hub + ScreenBeam 1100 Plus
- Connect the power for the Powered USB hub
- Connect the Input USB cable from the USB hub to a USB 2.0 port of the ScreenBeam receiver
- Connect the USB cable from the Huddly camera (Type-C connector) to the USB Hub (Type-A connector)
- Connect the USB speakerphone to an available USB port of the Powered USB hub
- The connections should look like the diagram below